Saturday, September 08, 2007

September Challenge

I mentioned in my posting last week that recently my discipline had deteriorated a bit. Well it's time to step up my level of studying and set myself a challenge for the month.

For the studying, I'm going to watch at least one training video per day from Poker X Factor. I always find my game improves imediately when I watch these videos, it just tends to drift again if I don't continue to watch them and play a sufficient amount to keep everything at the forefront of my mind.

I'm also going to devour some more books and spend time reading articles online. I've just started reading a new book from Two plus Two publishing called Sit'n'Go strategy by Colin Moshman. I've already read about one third of it and it seems pretty good. I'm also plannig to go back and skim through Harrington Vol2 again and spend some time working on my poker maths, Pot Odds and ICM theory.

What about the challenge. Well I'm going to try and play 200 $10 Sit and Gos on Party Poker by the end of September. The logic behind this is that I will be playing sufficiently frequently that it will help me get some consistency back into my game. With my renewed appetite for learing and a focus on my discipline I am hoping this should also help my bankroll too. I am striving for a 20% ROI. I will be multi-tabling, probably only two at a time but by the end of the month I want to be running 3 or 4 tables without getting overwhelmed. If all goes well this should give me the confidence and bankroll to start dipping my toe into the $20's next month.

It may not be the most extreme challenge, but at least it gives me a goal to work towards. I've already made a start on it in the last couple of days and I think I'm up to about 30 SNGs already.

I'll try and post a little mini update every day, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Thomas Kennedy said...

Good luck on your challenge. 20% is a great ROI to shoot for over 200 games.