Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Frustration!

Oh boy, sometimes poker can be such a frustrating game, one step forward and three steps back. So can you guess how I got on last night? Yup, you got it. The gradual rebuild back to profit suffered a set back last night and my ROI is down a few more %. ARSE!

I started off last night by playing 5 x $6 - 10 player and only managed 1 x 2nd and 1 x 3rd. Then I switched to $6 - 6 Max games and started multi tabling and didn't cash in any of the 5 of them that I played.

I did make a couple of bad plays on the 6 max games whilst multi-tabling, partially because I perhaps didn't have as good a read on my opponents as I would if single tabling and partially because I made a couple of decisions too quickly. Having said that I was on the receiveing end of some pretty sick behaviour.

I've been playing tight in the early stages of these SnG's only getting involved if I have a big hand, but have been finding I can cruise up to the bubble OK but am often relatively short stacked by the time I get there. Normally, that's OK. I'm more comfortable playing when it gets down to three or four players and big blinds as I can get a better read on my opponents, I can start bullying a bit and I can start bringing in some ICM bubble play, but in these $6 games they will call an all in a lot looser than at higher levels so I need to be more cautious and that dillutes any bubble play advantage I may have had.

I'm toying with the idea of playing a bit looser in the early levels, keeping the pot small pre-flop and playing more of a post flop game. These guys at the $6 level seem to call just about anything pre flop but will often laydown hands to a relatively small bet on the river. I'll maybe try loosening up and playing more of a post flop game tonight in a couple of games. There was an article on Pocket 5's by JenniFear that I must dig out and re-read as I seem to remember it advocating this style.

Running Total: Played 98 / ITM 34% / ROI -8% / Profit -$67.20

Revision on yesterday's weekly mini target:
1) Be careful multi tabling, don't make decisions too quickly, try to take the time to study the hand and opponent to help me make a better decision.
2) Profit is more important than number of games played, don't rush to Multi table if it's going to have a negative effect on my ROI. I would rather get to 150 games with 15% ROI than 200 games with -5% ROI.

nuff sed

No comments: