Friday, September 28, 2007

Not Playing Enough!

Wednesday was my last day at work and Bishopton Poker League night so I didn't play any online Poker. I placed third in the poker league game tonight, and should have finished higher but I made a bad call, knowing I was almost certainly behind to bust out in 3rd. I did win a cheeky little cash game after the league game though.

I had hoped to get a good number of games in on Thursday and Friday but there is some work I need to get through first. I spent most of Thursday working away inside Second Life and only managed to play one online game in the evening. I did win it though so that's helped the ROI a bit more.

Running Total : Played 123 / ITM 40% / ROI 10% / Profit $107.80

It's unlikely I will get any games in on Friday until the evening so my 200 game / 20% / $400 profit target is looking in grave jeoperdy. There are a couple of things that could help.

1) My strike rate in the $11 games since I started playing them again is excellent, if I can maintain that kind of rate I may reach my $400 target without needing to play 200 games. I've played 7 games since I started back at the $11's and have picked up 2 x 3rd, 1 x 2nd, 2x 1st. That's 5 out 7 cashes which is an ITM of 71% and an ROI of 120%. That's a pretty exceptional rate, but it is a tiny sample size and I don't expect it to continue. Maybe it's things just balancing out after the terrible run I had a few weeks ago.

2) When an entrepreneur is challenged they will usually look to ways to bend or re-write the rules to their advantage in order to succeed. Well, although I called my challenge my "September Challenge" I didn't technically start until the 6th September so it could be argued that I can keep running until midnight on the 5th October.

No comments: