Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I don't like Mondays

Sunday was a bad day, perhaps the worst I’ve had. It left me frustrated and I spent the night and most of Monday contemplating my play but although my results on Sunday were definitely getting me down I was pretty convinced it was just bad luck / variance.

I wasn’t able to get started on Monday until 9:30 pm but I sat down at the screen with a renewed determination. “I won’t let these Donks get me down”. Trying to be sensible I decided, no multi-tabling until I get a few wins back under my belt, just incase that was having a detrimental effect, though I’m pretty sure it wasn’t. I also decided to play 6 max tables rather then 10 max. Whilst my ROI to date on 10 player tables is positive, my ROI on 6 player games is higher, and I’ve played a shed load more of them.

Despite my best efforts, Monday was completely horrible too. I felt I was playing really well but it just wasn’t going my way. To say the Poker Gods were frowning on me is an understatement, they were standing in the heavens on their little clouds with their trousers round their ankles, pissing all over me. My nut full house gets cracked by Quads, I hit a set and get beaten by a higher set, and on and on it goes. What does a guy have to do? However I’m not going to let it get me down.


I played 7 games on Monday and finally cashed in my last game of the night. In fact I did better than cash, I completely decimated the game, took 1st place and was able to go to bed with a feeling of satisfaction rather than despair. Hopefully that’s the losing streak over and I can return to my winning ways tonight. If I don’t, I fear I may need to drop down a level if I have another bad night, and I really don’t want to have to do that. God knows what level of donktastic muppetry I'll encounter if I have to move down to the $6's, hell it's daft enough in the $11's.

10th Sep : Played 7 / 6 x DNC / 1 x 1st (all $11 6-Max)

Running Total: Played 57 / ITM 32% / ROI -1% / Profit -$4.20

No comments: