Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bishopton Poker Leage - Final

No update on my September challenge today as I was playing live last night in the final game of The Bishopton Poker League, a local league run by me and a few of my buddies. I went into the final in joint 3rd place in the league, needing a strong finish with lots of points and for the first and second positioned players to bust out early, oh, and I also needed a busy night so there would be lots of points for a strong finish.

Alas, it was a quiet night, probably due to the Scotland vs France match, and we only managed 9 players. Even though I won the game it didn’t yield enough points for me to leapfrog either of the two league leaders who finished 3rd and 4th positions. I played well though and am pleased with my 3rd place finish in the league. If I hadn’t missed one of the games due to work commitments it could have been a different story.

My win has boosted my confidence a bit and I’m looking forward to getting back to my challenge on Thursday night even though I’ll be dropping down to the $6 tables.

No comments: