Sunday, December 17, 2006

Soft Sit & Gos on Titan Poker

Titan Poker was one of the first poker sites that I strarted using when I started playing poker online back in April. Crikey, was it really only 9 months ago. I can't even remember what it was that attracted me to Titan. Was it an attractive sign up bonus, a special tournament or was it Joanna Krupa, yea it was probably the lovely Joanna.

Well anyway.... I spent the best part of a day tidying up my Poker Tracker database (manually importing a ton of missing tournament summaries, only just worked out how to..) and it reminded me that I had been doing pretty well in the $10 Sit & Gos on Titan a few months ago. But what happened, I haven't played there in months. I can't rememeber why I stopped playing there in favour of other sites so I thought it was about time I dropped in and tried their $10 S&G's again to see how they felt. I was expecting my results to be better than they were a few months ago because my game has definately improved and I wasn't disappointed.

I chose to play their $10 - 5 player Sit & Go well over a couple of days I've now played 5 of them.... and won 4. These have to be about the easiest Sit & Gos I've played. Reflecting on this I think the Titan $10 S&G's have a couple of good things going for them. You start with 1,500 chips and the blinds at 5 / 10 so the game isn't quite as fast as on other sites at the same level. This therefore shifts the balance away from luck towards skill a little bit and I think that maybe why I found this game so easy, relaxing and profitable.

I'm definately starting to feel that it's nearly time to try moving up to $20 Sit & Gos. I think Titan might be a good place to start. Got to work on my bankroll a bit more first though. I finished November $300 up on the month, December is currently $400 up, if I can finish December $600 up on the month then I think I'll start playing some $20's in January.

No comments: