Friday, November 23, 2007

Poker Bankroll Building - New Challenge Commences

Now that I have completed stage 1 of my bankroll building challenge and boosted my bankroll on Part Poker from $200 to $600 I am ready to progress to my next challenge. However for the next stage I am going to run two seperate challenges.

My initial challenge was inspired by Alex Martin's excellent "Bankroll Boosters" article in the September 2007 edition of Inside Poker magazine. The first half of my new challenges is to move onto the second phase of this and boost my Party Poker bankroll from $600 to $1,200. The second half of my challenge is to repeat phase one on another poker site.

The rules are as follows...

Full Tilt Challenge 1
I have deposited $200 on Full Tilt Poker and am going to work it up to $600 playing $5 and $10, 9 man Sit and Go tables. There are various reasons why I've decided to do this on Full Tilt including.

  • Great 100% deposit bonus (could be worth $200 to me as that's what I initially deposited)
  • Site is always busy
  • The software is really nice
  • The games I've tried so far seem reasonably good, the players are more preictable and passive than the loonies I keep encountering on Party
  • The blind structure is a bit slower than Party which will favour skillfull play more then luck

I have already started playing a few $5 games on Full Tilt and my bankroll is already up to about $240 with an ROI of around 40%, when I get it to $250 I'll start testing out the $10 tables.

My goal is to maintain a better ROI than my initial Party Challenge and reach my profit target in significantly fewer games than the 316 it took me on Party.

Party Challenge 2
My target on Party Poker is to boost my $600 bankroll there up to $1200 by playing $20, 10 man Sit and Go tables. The target timescale is 2 months and 300 games with an ROI of 10% (which will be tough if I'm running two challenges concurrently)

I will provide a little more detail on both challeges as I start posting about my progress in them. I will also be posting a review of Full Tilt and some detailed stats, analysis and strategy articles over the coming days and weeks.

In the meantime if you have any questions, suggestions, comments or abuse... just leave a comment below. If anyone wants to join me in my challenge and try it too I would be delighted to accept the challenge, although I won't be going for a Tank vs Dale mental endurance marathon. If you haven't tried Full Tilt or want to Join me click the Full Tilt banner at the top right of my Blog and claim your 100% deposit bonus.

Wish me luck, Here goes....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haloo, i did same thing couple dys ago. $400$ i reach in 170 games o PartyP. When i start new level (20$buy in) i lost very fast 200$ and 10$ Stg have bad run.
Keep going buddy.
I'm from Czech but i live in Glasgow and work in Riverboat and from next month i will dealt cash games in Cincinaty. ;o)
Miroslav

Thomas Kennedy said...

Good luck on your bankroll challenge!

Weblomaniac said...

Thanks for the good wishes.

I've never played at the Riverboat in Glasgow and haven't played at the CinCinatti club in ages. I really need to get of my but and get up to the big smoke again soon.

My live results have been quite good as well with a final table the only time I visited the Gutshot in London, a final table the only time I've visited the Stanley in Glasgow and a final table nce at CinCin's and I've only been there a few times. I've been running good in my local game recently too. So I really should try and get out more.

Miroslav, I'll say Hi, if I spot you at CinCin's or the Riverboat.

Richmagpies said...

enjoying the blog and well done on getting to the first target! I'm doing something similar but have started from scratch via freerolls, micro cash and then $2 stts on ladbrokes mainly. Have about $106 profit so far and when I reach $150 will go up to $5 stts and so on (30x buy ins). it certainly keeps you motivated if you set yourself targets and keeping a blog helps no end! ill add to your blog from mine if you dont mind. my blog is at http://richmagpies.blogspot.com/

if you want to have a look

cheers and good luck

rich

Weblomaniac said...

Hi Rich,

Glad your are enjoying my blog, keeping one certainly helps with the disciplice and determination to succeed.

Good luck with your challenge, I've popped a link to it on my blog and look forward to keeping up with it.

All the Best