Friday, October 12, 2007

Life is Good

It's now 2 weeks since I left the grind of the rat race and I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Today is an excellent case in point. I had an excellent sleep last night, got up felling refreshed then walked my youngest daughter to nursery. I then sauntered at a leisurely pace towards the train station and hopped on the first available train into Glasgow.

Arriving in the city my first priority was to find a nice comfy couch at Starbucks and read some more of this month's particularly interesting Poker Pro Europe magazine, whilst enjoying a coffee and a muffin. Bliss, no dashing to an office or endless meetings for me today.

Then it was off to Borders where I picked up a my highly anticipated copy of Des Wilson's new book Ghosts at the Table and a few other interesting looking new poker titles. A few more errands and it was back home in time for lunch.

This week I have been working on a website for a wedding photographer, the site looks great and the effort I put into the Search Engine Optimisation is already starting to pay off with the site ranking 26th out of 1.3 million.

I have also found some time to work on my secret poker site this week and am gettign a good feeling of acomplishment and satisfaction as it starts coming together. I can't wait to share more info with you and start enrolling some beta testers.

Next week I have another website to build for a new client. It's quite a simple one and should only take a couple of days but it's going to look good, the design concept I've got is really sweet.

At the moment life is good and I'm really enjoying the freedom of being at home and in control of my own destiny. I guess the honeymoon period is nearly over though. I'm feeling reasonably chilled and refreshed and I need to start focusing building some revenue streams over the coming weeks.

No comments: