Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Humorous Disconnections

I played 5 games on Tuesday and even had a bash at multi tabling again. The multitable experience was a bit frantic as I am currently focusing hard on making really good notes on all the players, capturing all cards that get shown along with level, position, hand result and how it was played. I guess a lot of better players can just watch the game and remember all these details for each player but I find the act of making the note and the fact I have all the players notes open simultaneously while I play helps me get a great read on my opponents. The multi-tabling was frantic because I was struggling to keep up to speed with my note taking. I managed a 3rd and a 5th playing two tables simultaneously so not bad.

The most notable thing about yesterdays games though was the last Sit and Go of the night. The first player to bust out did so on the second hand. I picked up a nice hand a few hands later and won a few chips boosting my stack to 2640 chips, about a 32% gain on my stack. Then my connection went down. This didn't worry me at first as we were only about half way through level one and I now had an above average stack. My connection has been going down intermittantly recently but usually for never more than a minute or two, but last night it went down and didn't show any signs of coming back. I settled back and started reading a magazine whilst waiting for it to come back.

After an hour my connection came back and I logged in to see what had happened, fully expecting to have been blinded away in 5th or 6th place. I requested a hand history email of the last 12 hands and started to read it. Wow four players left, but I only had 140 chips and am all in on the Small Blind for 140 chips the blinds were 200/400. So I was going to get blinded out in 4th, hang on, Dealing Hole Cards [6d,6c] and they held up, now up to 280 chips. The next interesting hand happened when the Big Blind got back to me, I'm all in for 280 chips and get 2 callers. Dealing Hole Cards [5d, 7d], Flop [3c, Jh, 5c], Turn [5s] River [2c] and I triple up to 840 with a set of 5's.

Compared with the other stacks (7400, 8260, 3500) I'm hideously short and the other players, particularly the guy with 3,500 chips, must surely have the sense to just wait until I get blinded out as the blinds are just about to go to 400/800, but no, a fight ensues, the 3,500 chip dude busts and I pick up 3rd in a game that I was only present in for the first 5 hands. You gotta laugh.

I was going to try and post a nice pretty hand history but none of the hand history viewers would do what I wanted them to and the format of the e-mail histories from Party aren't compatible with a lot of them, so you've had to put up with my narrative description. This has however got the cogs in the entrepreneurial corner of my brain twirling a bit and I've just gone and purchased 3 new domains that would be ideal for a rather special new kind of hand history viewer. I feel some rampant scribbling and thinking coming on :-)

Back to the challenge, Tuesday was OK but not great. Played 5 got 3 x 3rd.

Running Total: Played 140 / ITM 42% / ROI 16% / Profit 197.40

1 comment:

Thomas Kennedy said...

Nice come back (or I guess, survival!). I've seen that numerous times, where there is someone REALLY short stacked on the bubble and two of the other players get all in. I don't understand why they wouldn't focus instead on trying to eliminate the short stack. But hey, who said poker has to make sense!