Sunday, September 24, 2006

WPT Bootcamp

In so many walks of life you are advised that you need to set yourself goals if you wish to achieve something. Well I think I've just found the ideal thing to set myself as a goal.

Goals need to be something of value to you, have a fixed time limit and a course of action to allow you to achieve them and they need to be difficult but achievable. It's the achievable part of this one that's going to be really difficult. OK, I'm probably living in cloud cuckoo land but you've got to set your sights on something big.

As you can probably guess from the image, my goal is to earn enough from online poker to pay my way to the World Poker Tour Bootcamp in the Caribbean in early December.

That means I'm going to need to win about $6,000 ($4K for the bootcamp + return flight to Florida + spending money) oh, and I'd better win some money for the lovely Lorna too so I can restore some of the brownie points that buggering off to the Caribbean on my own is going to cost, better make that $7,500 then.

A quick glance at the calendar and I see that I have 10 weeks to achieve this, so that means $750 profit per week, hmm...never done that before. So if I play five nights a week that's a consistant $150 profit per session. That means winning 4 x $10 Sit & Go per night. So I would need to play perhaps 8 of them each session.

When you break it down like that it almost sounds achievable, who am I kidding!!! Maybe I'll just have to settle for a weekend reading Dan Harrington books on a park bench at Rothsea.

No comments: