Sunday, November 26, 2006

Return of the Maniac

I can't believe its 2 months since I last posted here but there you go, what a lazy sob. Must try harder, sounds like my poker philosophy.

A lot has happened in the last 2 months, things have been pretty hectic at work and I've been up and down to London quite a lot but I have still found the time for poker and have as usual been reading as much as I can to try and improve my play.

I've been reading:

The Professor, The Banker and the Suicide King its great read and gives an amazing insight into the lives and mentality of the top high stakes pros.

Killer Poker Online 2 by John Vorhaus. Easy to read and very good. The section on heads up play is brilliant and has improved my regular and heads up play greatly.

The Poker Tournament Formula by Arnold Snyder. Oh my god... what a revalation. A lot of poker books are quite similair and give pretty much the same info regarding hand selection, pre and post flop play but many of them are written by pros who play bug live tournament, which tend to have deeper stacks and slower blinds than online tournaments. This book is specifically about playing in faster tournaments and the strategy you should adopt. Wow... it's very different and I can't recommmend it highly enough. Go buy it, but make sure you let me know which tournaments you will be playing in as I don't want to run into you in an MTT if you've read this. Check out my next post about my recent results and see if you think this book might be worth a read.

No comments: