Sunday, September 24, 2006

Poker Magazines

This week I have discovered two new poker magazines, one of my work colleagues picked them up as freebies in the British Midland airport lounge at Heathrow. Nice one. I haven't read them both cover to cover yet but first impressions are very good.






The first magazine is Flush, it's nice and glossy and had a good variety of news and articles. This magazine isn't 100% dedicated to poker, there are some articles on other sports but I'd say about 80% of the magazine is about poker. It looks like the magazine has been running for around a year but I've never seen it in any shops, guess I'll have to subscribe to it if I ever want to see it again.

The second magazine is Poker Pro Europe, it's also nice and glossy but it has a rather more authorative feel to it then Flush and runs to a perfectly respectable 100 pages. The news coverage and articles in the magazine are very detailed and most have a British or European focus. There is a diary column by Des Wilson as advice from a variety of pros including "Devilfish" Dave Ulliot, Harry Demetriou and Juha Helppi. This is definately one I'll keeping an eye out for in future.

No comments: