Friday, February 16, 2007

Pocker Tracker

A few things have been happening recently that I want to put up on my blog but rather than making a flurry of postings tonight I'm going to try and pace myself and put up one a day.

My last post about bankroll management seemed emenantly sensible at the time but I have to say two weeks on it's frustrating the hell out of me. Don't get me wrong, I still think the logic of it is spot on and it should protect me from blowing my bankroll if I hit any rough patches.

The problem is that my accounts on some of the poker sites don't have much in them which means when I start playing on one of these sites at 1/20 of my roll on that site it means that I am playing in $2, $3 or $5 games. Whilst this is frustrating because the potential winnings and rate of growth are slow, the biggest killer is the fact that my ROI seems to be worse at these levels because the players I'm up against are less predictable.

I've been getting the feeling that I was more profitable at $10 than $5 and below and a quick look at my spreadsheet seems to confirm that. So the last couple of nights I've been playing on William Hill and Titan where my bankroll is a bit healthier and I can play at $10 and still be inside 1/20 of my account on that room.

I also fired up poker tracker last night and started updating some of my hands. I hadn't used it in a while so there are a lot of hands to import and the William Hill and Titan ones need a bit of manual help with the tournament summaries. A quick glance at my stats in poker tracker would seem to confirm that I'm more profitable at $10 so I'm going to stick to $10's on WH and Titan for the next few nights.

Itching for a game now but I'm going to spend another hour in poker tracker before i dive into the tables. More hand updating and analysis before I start ripping up the tables.

You have to go into these things with a positive mental attitude :-)

No comments: