Saturday, February 03, 2007

January Results

Great news, I managed to finish January in profit. Admittedly the profits weren't as good as December or January, but the main thing is it was a profit. That's three months in a row that I've shown a profit... Yipee

Jan 07: Profit $119
Dec 06: Profit $504
Nov 06: Profit $305

Why wasn't my profit as high as the previous two months? Well I think I have an answer. Variance! and I don't think my MTT game was quite as sharp as the previous months.

In Nov & Dec the bulk of my profit came from a few big multi table games whilst this month my profit is all from single table sit and go games. I am pleased with my Sit & Go's this month, I've played a lot of them and the results have been very consistent. I played 108 S&G's and my average buy in was $6.86, the resulting ITM was 46% with an ROI of 19%.

I played 38 Multi Table Games with an average buy in of $9.43, an ITM of 13% and an ROI of -6%. I did cash out in five games, but I need to be doing better than that. Whilst variance may have been a factor. on reflection, I don't think I was playing aggressive enough. I think my play in the previous two months had been a bit more confident and agressive.

MTT Results:
$5 MTT - William Hill - 149 players - Finished 4th - Won $55
$5 MTT - Poker Stars - 18 players - Finished 3rd - Won $18
£10 MTT - William Hill - 83 players - Finished 5th - Won $66
$6 MTT - Party Poker - 50 players - Finished 3rd - Won $42
(had to shut down laptop and get on a plane when 4 left, could have won!!)

$10 MTT - DTD - 128 players - Finished 4th - Won $85

Conclusion: I need to sharpen up my MTT game again. I will be implementing a new Bankroll management formula for February that should also help, I'll post about it later. I will also keep grinding away at the Sit & Go's, I want to exceed the 108 in January, I'll try and manage 150 this month. Oh... and I want to make February another profitable month, but that goes without saying!



No comments: