Sunday, August 20, 2006

Who is the PokerManiac

So just who is the mysterious pokermaniac???

OK so that sounds a bit melodramatic and naff in a Hong Kong Fuey kind of a way. By day I'm a mild mannered geek working at a web design company, by night I'm a self confessed poker addict. I'm 41, married with two young children and live just outside Glasgow in Scotland.

Now that I'm in my 40's I'm a prime candidate for having a mid-life crisis and guess what... yep, I think I'm having one. I've been working in the same place for about 12 years and I feel I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy. I need a new challenge, I want to be my own boss and most of all I want to get away from the monotony of a 9 to 5, mornings never really were my thing.

Have I found a way out through poker? well stay tuned and we'll find out together. I know it's a longshot and probably little more than a dream but it's a nice dream, so don't shatter it for me just yet. It's the one thing that is making my mid life crisis a bit more bearable. In the meantime I'm going to keep buying the books, reading and watching stuff and grinding away online. Yup I'm geting better but I've still got such a long way to go, it should be fun documenting my journey though.

I'm writing this as I play a little $5.00 Sit & Go on Titan Poker but I'm going to have to sign off as I need to finish off the few remaining players and I'll need to concentrate. After that I'm away out to my local pub to see it there are any cash games going. I'll let you know how I get on in my next posting, that might even be later tonight Guinness permitting.

No comments: