Sunday, March 04, 2007

What a Tosser!

That's what I shouted at myself a couple of times this weekend.

Occurrence 1: Whilst playing in the Titan Poker $3,000 Gtd Freezeout Multi Table Tournament. 215 players had started the game, 26 were left, I was in 2nd place. Two hands later I busted out... what a tosser!

Occurrence 2: After a great run on Friday and Saturday I decided it was time to try a $20 SNG. In the heat of the moment though I didn't notice that I'd registered for a $20 Olmaha H/L SNG. I have purposely never looked at Olmaha or any other of the poker variants as I want to make sure I've got NL Hold'em cracked before I confuse myself with other variants. Therefore when the cards were dealt and everybody started betting I was at a distinct disadvantage. I didn't know if my hand was good or bad never mind working out the appropriate bets, hell, I didn't even know the rules... what a tosser!

I shall be trying hard not to have any more "What a Tosser!" moments this month.

No comments: